Metal Removal

Metals in dentistry - burdens from the previous century

Metals used in dentistry are inherited burdens from the previous century. For different metals such as mercury, gold, platinum, copper, cobalt, aluminum, iron, and chrome, neurological diseases and cancer effects, as well as effects on the heart are scientifically well documented.

Metal components can usually be detected throughout the entire body just a few days after installation in the mouth.

Besides an obvious look into the mouth for visible metals, the gold standard in testing heavy metals is the urinary heavy metal challenge, which is usually performed under the supervision of a medical or naturopathic doctor.

Amalgam, a common material still being used for fillings is an alloy of mercury with various other heavy metals like silver, copper, or tin. It’s a material that is easily processed and lasts for a long time, so it’s being subsidized by health insurance companies and is free of charge, even though mercury is considered one of the most toxic non-radioactive elements! It has been completely banned in Norway and Sweden, which of course also includes fillings composed of the metal.

Related topics:

Basically, there are three different metal-related challenges or problems for the body to be aware of:

1. The toxicity of the metal:

The highly toxic amalgam particularly plays a prominent role here. All heavy metals like mercury, lead, tin, aluminum, and cadmium are able to bind to sulfur-containing proteins, enzymes, cofactors, and cell membranes. This covalent bonding can completely block the function of important enzymes.

Enzymes are needed for pretty much every function in your body—nutrient absorption, protein synthesis, bone-building, detoxification—and are an integral part of receptors such as insulin and vitamin-D receptors, or a nutrient transport protein like GLUT-5, which could lead to insulin resistance, fructose-intolerance, or a whole host of other detoxification impairments. Over time, your body will become depleted in various crucial nutrients like methyl-donors and glutathione, and you may develop diabetes, fructose intolerance or other detox impairments.
Moreover, metal ions from dental alloys dissolve in saliva and corrode, increasing the toxic burden on your body. It also results in a flow of current which is called the galvanic element, or more simply put: a battery. Electrogalvanism, and the resulting electrical sensitivity, can be the cause of a poor focus, memory loss, sleeplessness, and non-specific symptoms such as a sharp pain or pressure in the chest, unexplained tachycardia, tinnitus, and hearing loss.

Chewing, grinding, brushing your teeth, or simply consuming hot or cold beverages releases tiny amounts of mercury into your body every day. And if you consider that even one molecule of mercury can destroy nerve cells, the potential negative effects of it shouldn’t be underestimated. In animal studies, after 14 days of amalgam wearing time, pathological changes could already be detected in the brain.

The human body is extremely intelligent and stores, wherever possible, fat-soluble toxins in the metabolically inactive connective or fat tissues. However, in athletic people or those with a low percentage of body fat, the toxins can be stored in the nerve tissue or brain. Since amalgam fillings are the main source of mercury and other heavy metal poisoning, they should be removed if you have chronic illness or as a preventative measure.

2. The immunological component:

None of the dental metals actually have ANY positive biological function in the human body. They’re not supposed to be there, and as a result, every metal is seen as a foreign body by the immune system, and can trigger an allergic reaction. This process is individual and completely independent of the amount of metal crowns, inlays, or metal implants you have. Your cells form antibodies to the metals, to fight a foreign object in your body and this can contribute to autoimmune diseases such as MS, Hashimoto Thyroiditis, etc.

3. The electrical component:

In today’s age of mobile phones, WIFI, radars, 4G, 5G, and other wireless networks, EMF radiation is beaming all around us 24/7. All metals and titanium implants in your mouth act as small antennas that can interfere with your nervous system. The radiation is amplified in an uncontrolled manner resulting in the heating up of surrounding tissue. The standard absorption rate of electromagnetic fields can be increased 400 to 700-fold through the use of a cell phone in combination with metals in the mouth. The effects on the body are therefore uncontrollable, and unmeasurable.

That is why we do NOT use any metals in the mouth and remove them under special safety protocols.

In dental practices, amalgam must be disposed of after removal as highly toxic hazardous waste—this fact alone should give pause for thought. Amalgam consists of 50% mercury, which contrary to what is often assumed, is not firmly set in the filling after mixing. Can you see a reason to risk having this in your mouth?

First, you must remove the source!